How does TemChek™ work?
TemChek™ is a Digital Thermometer that uses Infrared Detection to scan either a surface or Body Temperature and display the reading it scans. At the same time a metered amount of hand sanitizer will dispense into the individuals palm.
How should I be using TemChek™?
TemChek™ is designed as a quick screening tool used to detect abnormally high temperatures indicating a fever. This process is based on CDC broad-based testing guidelines ( https://www.cdc.gov/
How accurate is TemChek™
Every reading with TemChek™ is within .4 Degree Above or Below the surface area Temperature that is being scanned.
What’s the most accurate method with TemChek™?
The best and most accurate result is achieved from scanning the center of the palm or wrist within 1-1.5 Inches away from the individual.
What should I do if I get a “HI” Reading?
If an individual is scanned and their temperature is over 99.1 Degrees Fahrenheit/37.3 Degrees Celsius then the TemChek™ Scanner will flash red and will alert the user that there was an individual scanned with a temperature that indicates a fever. It is at the institution’s discretion on how to treat the situation and to have a procedure on how to handle an individual with a “HI” Temperature.
What should I do if I get a “Lo” Reading?
If an individual is scanned and their temperature is below 97 Degrees Fahrenheit/36.1 Degrees Celsius then the TemChek™ Scanner will display “LO” on the screen. This means that the recorded temperature with the scanner is below the measurement range. Make sure you are scanning the center of your palm or wrist within 1-1.5 Inches to receive the most accurate results.
Can I change the range with TemChek™?
The TemChek™ Digital Thermometer can not be altered to alert at a higher temperature. The clinical diagnosis for a fever is between 99.5°F(37.5°C) and 100.4°F(38°C), it is the users responsibility to follow the proper procedure and use discretion when an individual is read with an elevated temperature.
What if my reading is off?
If you’re reading is lower than what your actual temperature is then you may need to check a few things.
- If you have come from outside and have cold hands from weather conditions you may get a low reading. Wait a few minutes to acclimate to inside temperatures before taking your temperature again.
- Make sure that when you scan, you are scanning the center of your palm or wrist from 1-1.5 inches away from the scanner. The further away you are from the scanner less accurate the results will be.
- If you are following all proper procedures and are still receiving inaccurate results then there may be an issue physically within the scanner.
What can impact my TemChek™ Unit?
Things that can impact the readings of the Temp Chek™ Scanner include:
- This device must only be used in an operating temperature range between 50°F to 104°F (10°C to 40°C).
- Do not expose this device to electric shocks.
- Do not expose this device to extreme temperature conditions of <122°F (50°C) or >32°F (0°C).
- Determine if conditions are optimal for use. Typically, the environmental temperature should be between 60.8°F and 104°F (16°C and 40°C) and relative humidity below 85%.
- Do not use the device near large electromagnetic fields such as found with cordless or cell phones
- Keep the device away from water and heat, including direct sunlight.
- Do not drop or strike the device, and do not use it if damaged.
How do I get additional Support?
If you have any other questions or comments please feel free to contact us by calling 1-800-809-4899 to talk to our specialists
Please contact us before placing an order over 10 units
Shipping and Delivery Times
Delivery times vary based on material supplies. We will do our best to get your product to you as soon as possible. Shipping is subject to FedEx ship times and delays.
If you wish for your donation to go to a specific organization please submit their shipping address at check out. Or please contact us if you have questions regarding full unit donations.